Employment Law and Human Resources Degree
Advance your career with Tulane University Law School.
Fewer than 6 percent of human resource professionals have formal academic training in employment law. And yet, HR is a profession where day-to-day decisions must be compliant with increasingly complex regulations, and where missteps can become legal nightmares.
Whether you have a formal HR title or carry the duties of HR in addition to your broader full-time role, you need a solid understanding of labor and employment law. The online Master of Jurisprudence in Labor & Employment Law (MJ-LEL) is a human resources degree that offers a level of expertise you just can’t get through on-the-job experience or periodic professional development seminars.
Instead, gain a powerful legal foundation from a graduate institution named the No. 54 best law school in the U.S.1 Among the oldest in the country, the Tulane University Law School is committed to training professionals who make a difference in every field they pursue.
Join current and future HR leaders to gain the knowledge and credentials you need to grow your career and lead in the labor and employment law sector.
Program Highlights and Benefits for HR Leaders
Earn your Master of Jurisprudence in Labor & Employment Law from Tulane University Law School, one of the premier law schools in the nation, and enjoy unparalleled benefits.
Advance Your Career With the Online MJ-LEL
A formal credential in labor and employment law provides you with the relevant legal principles and knowledge you need to confidently make credible decisions while navigating complex HR rules and regulations.
Why choose the online employment law credential designed for HR leaders?
- Experience the pedigree of Tulane University Law School
- Study with law professors and experienced attorney experts to gain the confidence to make credible decisions while navigating HR issues, such as employment and labor law
- Enjoy the convenience of user-friendly online learning and the engagement of an in-person Immersion Weekend, where you will network with peers and faculty
- 82 percent of alumni reported receiving an increase in salary1
- Complete your online human resources degree in as few as two years
- No GMAT, GRE or LSAT required for admission
Master the Complexities of Employment Law
Online student Amanda Haddaway (MJ ’18) talks about how Tulane's employment law degree was critical to learning and understanding the nuances of the laws she must uphold as an HR professional.
“The program has helped me to have a better understanding of the law. I’m able to advise and guide my clients in an appropriate, legal and non-discriminatory direction while balancing the needs of the organization and the employees.”
Interested in hearing more from our students in the online MJ-LEL program? Eboni Kelly-Williams says, “Being able to apply what we’re doing in class to our actual job is amazing.”
1. Retrieved on May 1, 2020, from usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/tulane-university-of-louisiana-160755/overall-rankings
2. Based on a limited sample of self-reported data from alumni from Tulane University Law School from graduating cohorts between 2016-2017, including respondents who indicated they expect to receive a promotion within six months from the time of their response