Who Chooses the Online MJ in Labor & Employment Law From Tulane?
This program is for you if you are:
- The manager, director or VP of human resources at a global Fortune 500 company
- The faculty coordinator at a public K-12 school with unionized teachers
- President of a small business that is driven by the talents of its employees and contractors
- Business or office manager at a small to mid-sized business where there is no formal HR department
- Owner of a company that relies heavily on the subcontracted work of unions
- An HR professional in any industry, in a company of any size, and at any point in your career
- A professional who is planning a strategic career shift into human resources and wants to differentiate yourself from the competition by being a clear expert in the labor and employment laws that govern the way businesses interact with their people
Human resource professionals—whether they carry formal HR titles or are business managers with personnel responsibilities—serve as the crucial link between an organization’s management and its employees. A formal, academic credential in labor and employment law allows these individuals to comply with the myriad regulations established by state and federal law. It allows them to successfully navigate everything from creating personnel manuals, to engaging in collective bargaining, to administering benefits, to handling sensitive employee relations issues.
The bright, accomplished, ambitious professionals who choose the MJ-LEL all work full time and participate in the program through a flexible online experience, visiting the Tulane campus just once for an immersive multi-day learning experience.* The knowledge and skills they obtain in the program will make them more highly valued by their organizations. Without doubt, HR practitioners with an MJ in Labor & Employment Law from Tulane will outshine and outdistance their peers.
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the summer immersion program has been cancelled for this academic year.
“I wanted to take my knowledge of labor and employment law to the next level.”
Eboni Kelly-Williams already has a master’s in HR. Hear why she chose Tulane Law School’s online MJ-LEL, what she loves about the program and how she’s able to immediately apply what she has learned to her work.
Want to hear from another online MJ-LEL student? Watch Latonya Ramos on how Tulane has boosted her credibility at work.
“This is a field that our students are shaping.”
Watch Professor Saru Matambanadzo discuss how Tulane's faculty of legal experts and prestigious history make the online MJ-LEL a uniquely powerful program.